Divorcing couples with children often find that negotiating custody and visitation can be stressful and elicit strong emotions. It is essential to enlist the help of a lawyer who understands these delicate issues and knows the Pennsylvania standards for determining the best interests of the child.
Contact Berman & Asbel, LLP, today for an initial consultation with one of our caring and experienced attorneys. Call today at 610-565-9696 to discuss your needs.
Protecting Your Rights And The Rights Of Your Child
Our specialty child custody/visitation lawyers at Berman & Asbel, LLP have enjoyed many, many years of success in helping parents come to mutually beneficial agreements on their custody and visitation issues. Some examples are:
- Sole custody and joint custody arrangements
- Determining who will make decisions on the child’s behalf, including for health care and education
- Visitation schedules, including school breaks and weekends
- Modifications or changes to custody or visitation orders, such as when a parent wants to relocate
Courts emphasize protecting children’s relationships with both parents whenever possible. We typically find that it is beneficial for children and helps them better adjust to the divorce if parents work together on child custody matters whenever possible.
Custody And Visitation For Grandparents
As the family structure changes, so do the options for child custody and visitation rights. In recent years, the courts have started to recognize grandparents’ rights to visit their grandchildren.
We understand Pennsylvania’s law and the legal processes that can have an impact on you and your family. We have represented grandparents in all types of visitation and custody cases, such as when:
- A surviving parent is not allowing the deceased parent’s family to visit the grandchild
- A grandparent has served as the primary caregiver for the child — called in loco parentis— for a length of time
- Parents are unable to adequately care for a child
We help grandparents file petitions for visitation rights or custody, and we protect their rights during all family court proceedings. Our attorneys also represent parents who oppose grandparents’ requests for visitation or custody.
Our lawyers understand that adoptions for remarried and same-sex couples have become more common in recent years. Securing legal rights to care for a child is an important step in making a family whole. We help these families form legal bonds through a process commonly called second-parent adoption.
Call Today To Discuss Your Child Custody Or Adoption Needs
Contact Berman & Asbel, LLP, in Media, PA, today at 610-565-9696 to get the help you need. Put yourself in very capable hands.